Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Snorkeling With the Sea Turtles

We love to snorkel and one place we go is Anini Beach. We always see sea turtles there. My friend Donna from work saw an octopus there. She also frequently sees sea horses, but I have yet to find one.
Our sea turtles look like this, but I don't have an underwater camera so I got this pic off the web.

Another web picture.



See, my pictures don't look exactly like the ones off the internet, but this really is a sea turtle picture I took.





Please believe me! This really is a turtle!


Joey and I like to find a turtle and then swim around with it for a while. I love when they come up for air. It's fascinating to watch. I rise in the water with the turtle and when I look above the surface, the turtle looks like a great big snake coming up. I know this sounds crazy, but I think Joey and I have followed the same turtle around twice. Yeah, I know what you're thinking... they all look alike, right? But this turtle has a shorter foot or fin or whatever you call it on the right in the back than on the left, sort of like Nemo the fish. He hangs out at Anini and we are friends now.

3 comments:

kspend said...

I definitely want in on this!! Im buying an underwater camera before we come too, although I hear that the water adds ten pounds.

Kathy&Mike said...

WHEN ARE YOU COMING????? Please hurry; I miss you!

Chad, Mindy and girls said...

That is so neat that you get to have these experiences!! Green with envy! :) Maybe someday I'll get to go there!