Thursday, April 28, 2011

He Hears Me

I have always known that God hears and answers my prayers, but sometimes He does it so effectively that it's almost comical. Take today, for instance. Here's a little background information: Because I have two grandbabies in NICU on the mainland, my boss has not been putting me on the work schedule since I keep telling her I have to go help my daughter with the babies when they go home. They are now way passed their due date and are still in NICU and we don't have any idea when they'll go home, so I keep having time off and then not going, and then worrying about getting enough work hours so that I can afford to go when the actual time comes.
This week I had only twelve hours in. I have to work a lot more than that to keep our health insurance and to make ends meet. Last night I prayed to Heavenly Father that work opportunities would come so our family could meet our obligations.

Here's the funny part. This morning Michelle called and asked me if I'd take her call shifts tonight and tomorrow night. Sure! Then Tomi called and asked if I'd work her twelve-hour L&D shift on Sunday. Sure! Then Savitri called and asked if I'd work her twelve-hour L&D shift on Saturday. Sure! Then my boss Bonnie called and asked if I'd like to observe (paid) in the OR on Friday in prep for some training that's coming. SURE! Then Jen called and asked if I'd work four hours of her shift on Thursday. SURE!! Then Vicky called and asked if I'd take her call shift on Saturday, but I had to say no because I'm already working for Savitri on Saturday.

WOW!! Sometimes the power of God amazes me! I keep telling Mike he doesn't need to worry about things because He always takes care of us. This all happened this morning after last night's prayer. SO FUNNY!

2 comments:

Mindy Hawks said...

That is really cool, mom. It's amazing when you take the time to look at all the things Heavenly Father does for us!
And you are such a good mom for sacrificing work (and your livlihood!) to be "on call" to come help Jess with the babies.
I love you!

Dana said...

Funny? Wonderful! I know without doubt that our prayers are answered!