Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!




For New Year's Eve we drove down to Poipu Beach and spent the day there. We had a great time relaxing, soaking up some sunshine, and swimming. We waited all day for New Year's Eve fireworks.


We have never been so close to fireworks before. It was awesome! We sat in our lawn chairs on the beach and watched the display.





It was really cool to see the reflection of the fireworks in the ocean and how the waves lit up when the light hit them. I wish I could have gotten better pictures of the water.



The weird thing was that I kept thinking it was the 4th of July, not New Year's Eve. It was warm and we were sitting there watching fireworks and people were barbecuing and it just felt like the 4th of July. Very strange.
The coolest thing happened while we were at the beach. We saw whales! There were at least three or four whales going along the coast. We saw them coming up for air and blowing their blowhole-things and one flapped its tail. It was an amazing experience. Then, when we were on the beach waiting for the fireworks, I saw a shooting star. I haven't seen one of those since I was a little kid sleeping out in the back yard. It was just an amazing day.





When I went to upload the pictures from my camera, I found that Joey had taken pictures of some of his Christmas toys. Here is one of his Lego creations. Thanks Jessie and TJ for the GREAT Lego set!

3 comments:

TJ and Jessica said...

I'm glad Joey liked his present! That would be so much fun to spend New Years on the beach! (Instead of in the 4 degree weather we did!)

Angela said...

haha it was a whole 11 degrees here Jess! lol That is so AWESOME you saw whales!! I'll never forget when we saw them in Mexico, it was incredible! I love Joey's lego creation! He must've been proud of it to want to take a picture to show you! Happy New Year!!

Mindy Hawks said...

That is so cool about the whales! Sounds like an amazing night! Much more exciting than ours, we were asleep by 1030 haha!