Sunday, December 26, 2010

Oh, what fun!

Christmas Eve was not like any Christmas Eve we've ever had. Mike, Joey and I went to the beach and had some boogie-boarding fun! On the North Shore of Kauai, the waves are stronger in winter and we got beaten by the surf. The ocean was angry that day, my friend.


I was all excited about the waves until one picked me up, knocked me off my boogie board and slammed me down to the bottom of the ocean (only about 4 feet deep, but it was still scary). When the surf tried to take off my swimming suit, I decided to sit out for a while, even though Mike was getting a great laugh.


These pictures are all mixed up, but this is Mike on Christmas day in his new Hawaiian shirt I got him.

Mike and Joey chillaxin' in the afterglow of Christmas dinner.


Back to the beach on Christmas Eve. Here is Mike enjoying the view of the pounding surf.



Mike and Joey enjoying the board.









Oh, what fun it is to have a Hawaiian holiday!

6 comments:

Mindy Hawks said...

:That's so weird this was your Christmas eve! It looks awesome though, i'm jealous!

TJ and Jessica said...

haha! I'm totally cracking up about the Elaine incident :) I bet Dad thought that was pretty hilarious! We missed you guys at Christmas! REMEMBER!!! Next year everyone is coming to our house so PLAN ON IT!

Scottkids said...

How fun!!! Seriously looks awesome! I think it is crazy how much Joey looks like Mike to me! You guys are so cute! I think being on the beach would be awesome!

Angela said...

Looks like so much fun!! I still can't get over how hard dad was laughing when he called us about your "incident!!"

Angela said...

Which beach did you guys go to that day? It looks awesome!

Kathy&Mike said...

Ange, that was Haena beach up past Hanalei. It's beautiful and has great waves.