Sunday, December 5, 2010

Getting Ready for Christmas

I was thinking about doing a blog post about all the beautiful flowers that grow here, but then I realized that there are too many different ones to do that because I just keep finding more new ones. So instead, I'll just include some in all the other posts from time to time. I have no idea what this one is, but it was growing in the parking lot of the shopping center in Kapaa. Things grow EVERYWHERE here. I've never seen such beautiful parking lots in my life.

This afternoon, Joey and I went around our yard to see what we could pick. We came up with this assortment:

There is a coconut, five oranges, three papayas, one passion fruit (also called lilikoi) and one big avocado.

Draw your own conclusions about this very strange orange.


On to the Christmas subject. Here is our little tree. I bought all the stuff, including the tree itself, at Walmart, and decorated the tree while my boys were camping with the cub scouts.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Not to be weird, but would you mind removing the photo with all of our addresses on it? If you enlarge it it's totally easy to read. You just never know who's watching on the internet. I know, I know... I'm paranoid...

Cute Christmas tree by the way! I can't believe all of the fresh fruit you found in your yard!

TJ and Jessica said...

That fruit looks SO yummy! I wish I could just walk out my front door and pick a delicious snack! Your Christmas tree is a little different than you've been used to! Did you get Joey's gift yet?