Thursday, April 1, 2010

No More Latisse

Well, my Latisse story is coming to an end. About two weeks ago, I noticed that my vision was getting very bad. I had lasik surgery several years ago to correct severe near-sightedness and the world was starting to look very fuzzy again. I went to my eye doctor and he said it was not from using Latisse, because he had not heard of that being a side-effect of the product. Then he could not immediately pinpoint what exactly the problem was.

My doctor and I decided to try an experiment. I stopped using Latisse and scheduled another appointment for today. Two days ago, I suddenly noticed that my vision was better again. It's still far from 20/20, but it was like it had been for the last year or so, certainly good enough to get by. Sadly, I began to suspect that the Latisse was indeed the culprit.

I went to the doctor again today and told him my story. He concurred that Latisse was probably the problem. He said my vision was much better than two weeks ago and essentially the same as it was last autumn. He said if I wanted to, I could experiment with Latisse and use it again and see if it had the same effect, but I am not going to do that. I would much, much rather be able to see than have long eyelashes.

It's ironic that just today, my daughter commented on how long my eyelashes were getting. They are certainly longer and darker and thicker than they have ever been in my life. I'm kind of sad to be giving up on the idea of beautiful lashes, but it's just not worth not being able to see.

The good thing, I guess, is that I only bought that one little bottle. The financial investment could have been worse. And I do have great lashes for the time being, until nature replaces them with microscopic blond ones.

3 comments:

Angela said...

Scary!! I'm glad you stopped using it. You are beautiful with or without long eye lashes! Besides, that's what mascara is for! :)

Mindy Hawks said...

Ya I would definitely be throwing that stuff away if I were you! But its true...your eyelashes did look really pretty yesterday but its not worth it! Oh well...I thought they looked fine before all this anyway!

Jenny said...

If only eyelashes were my biggest body concern... You're a hotty without 'em.
love ya