Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Family Centered Maternity Care BOO YAH!!!!

Yippee! Yahoo! My opinion was heard and the visitation policy at work has been changed. Today at work I got the official e-mail that went out to all the staff outlining the new policy. It is now up to the patient who is in her room, as long as the situation is safe. She can have her family, her friends, and her children with her if she so desires. We are still encouraged to keep visitors to a minimum and we are still not allowing children in L&D except the baby's siblings, but the ultimate decision lies with the patient herself, where it should lie.


I'm giddy about this decision. I'm ecstatic about this decision! This is EXACTLY what I wanted to see happen.

3 comments:

TJ and Jessica said...

That is so awesome! Good for you Mom! When I go in labor I have a small list of people that I want there with me so hopefully the hospital here does the same. AND YOU ARE ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT ONES ON THAT LIST! :)

Mindy Hawks said...

I am SO happy about this! I was planning on throwing a big fit at the hospital if they weren't going to let a sister or grandma or someone in the room with me, so I'm glad I won't have to complain now!

Angela said...

Awesome! Great job mom! You made it happen!