Saturday, February 20, 2010

Joey's Getting So Good at Basketball

Joey's team has played together for several weeks now and it's fun to see how much they've improved. I never knew basketball was so complicated, but his coach is teaching them plays that go right over my head. Today, Mike helped coach and, even though the score was not kept, I am certain that our little team won. Joey made three baskets. Here's one really nice swish (keep your eye on number 7):

The players line up facing each other so each player can see who he's supposed to guard. They are so cute pointing to each other. Even with this preparation, they sometimes forget who their man is.

3 comments:

TJ and Jessica said...

That was awesome!!! He did so good! Seriously, I'm sad that we live so far away because it would be so fun to go to his games. I hope he knows if we lived closer we would be there! Make sure he keeps practicing and he'll be pro in no time :)
PS- I love that he said Avalanche and Nuggets play in the same stake center :)

Mindy Hawks said...

That first video was awesome! Jake and I want to go watch him one of these days when it works out so keep letting us know when all his games are!

Linda said...

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog!! We are very excited! We are also very grateful to have Jessica and TJ as friends! What a blessing it was for us to get introduced to each other 5 months ago! Who knew we had so much in common? :-)