Thursday, August 25, 2011

I Love Concerts

It's interesting to me that when I was on the mainland (translation: an easy place to get to) I never had concerts to go to, except Country Jam, which is just really annoying. Now here I am on a rock out in the middle of the Pacific Ocean and in less than a year, I've been to two concerts and they were both groups I LOVE.
Last night Mike and I went to see the band America at the Kauai Marriott. They were AWESOME! I sang and screamed and danced so much my throat is sore this morning.
In June the Stylistics came. Another one of my favorites from younger years. They, too, were AWESOME! Again I sang and danced and screamed.

The Stylistics even did the song from my wedding: "You Make Me Feel Brand New."
It's funny that I love live music so much because normally I hate noise. I can't stand the sound of the TV most of the time unless it's very quiet and the comercials are totally muted. But when there's a live band playing, especially one of my favs, I like to sit in the very front where I can see well and it's very loud and I have such a great time. Who needs alcohol? I get high from music!
Here's a hint to anyone who might be considering giving me a Christmas present this year: I would love CDs from America or the Stylistics.

No comments: