Sunday, May 1, 2011

Spinner Dolphins

The other day we went to Kalihiwai beach to hang out for a while. I was surprised to see, just a little ways from shore, spinner dolphins. They were so beautiful. Of course, I hadn't brought my camera so I got these pictures off the internet just to show what spinner dolpins look like. They jump up out of the water and turn somersaults in the air before they go back down. It was thrilling to watch.



We watched them from the beach for a while, then got in our little beetle beach car and drove up to a little cliff looking over Kalihiwai Bay and watched them from there. That was a great vantage point because we were almost directly above them and we could see them really well.


I need to get into the habit of bringing my camera every where we go because every day there is something beautiful to see.





1 comment:

Harold or Carol said...

We have loved all your pics from Hawaii. I love the Hawaiian music and the hula. I am waiting to see Mike in his hula skirt :)