Saturday, November 27, 2010

A Very Weird Thanksgiving

Sure didn't seem like Thanksgiving this year! Weird thing number 1: I had to work Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, so we had our Thanksgiving on Tuesday.

I did the usual, cooked all day, and the dinner was great.

Weird thing number 2: Only three plates at the table. So, so weird! I really missed having more family to celebrate with us. I'm used to a big crowd.

My boys were anxiously awaiting the blessing so they could chow.


The cook.


Joey opted for a turkey leg. He pretty much cleaned it. He ate turkey and watergate salad (which he calls "watergreen salad") and that's it.



After dinner, the cook rested while the boys did dishes.
Weird thing number 3: It was about 77 degrees all day, sunny, warm, green and beautiful.

3 comments:

Angela said...

Joey's face in the drumstick picture is priceless... it sure is funny when he calls to talk to my kids, their little conversations are pretty silly! Looks like a yummy Thanksgiving dinner, what was that in the basket that looks like mini pumpkins?

Kathy&Mike said...

Ange, the basket has oranges from our yard.

TJ and Jessica said...

This post made me sad! I was really missing you guys (and your cooking!!) this Thanksgiving. It stinks that we won't be able to be with you guys for either holiday :( All 4 of us miss you three and love you guys tons!!!
PS- I love the pic of Joey!! It's awesome!