Sunday, November 7, 2010

Hungry?

DISCLAIMER: This blog post is not intended to be insulting to any group of people. I'm just showing my picky eating habits.


One interesting thing I've encountered since moving to Hawaii is the different foods that people here eat. Every day at work, there are strange foods on the table in the break room. The nice (and very tiny) little ladies who bring this food in always offer to share, but I usually say no. What would you say?




Today this was the fare. It's hard to tell what it is, but the gray things are little fish, complete with heads and tails. The white things are my favorite (NOT): onions. I have no idea what the red things were and I don't think I want to know.





If this doesn't suit your fancy, how about some chips? Sound good? Here are the chips that were on the table:
Hmmm... chips sound good, right? Well, you have to be sure to check out the fine print before you eat.

Have you ever heard of octopus flavored chips? No, I did not try them. They smelled even worse than Cool Ranch Doritos.

4 comments:

Angela said...

Cool Ranch Doritos are the best!! lol I don't think I'd have eaten either of those things! But you also have some yummy food exclusive to Hawaii too right?? Like all of the fresh fruit growing in your yard?

Mindy Hawks said...

Yeah go pick some fruit from your trees!

Chad, Mindy and girls said...

I am laughing so hard right now! That is hilarious!! Just look at the bright side...you just might lose a little weight living there! :)

TJ and Jessica said...

You never know, maybe Octopus is yummy! You should try it and get back to me. I'm not brave enough to haha!