Sunday, August 22, 2010

Kayaking the Wailua River to Secret Falls

On Thursday, Mike and I went on a tour with Ali'i Kayaks. We kayaked two miles up the beautiful Wailua River, then hiked about a mile more to Secret Falls. This entire trip I kept thinking it was unbelievable how beautiful this island is, and this river and jungle certainly fit that description well.That silly little person at the bottom of the waterfall is me. That was without question the most invigorating shower of my life. The fall was so forceful it nearly knocked me to my feet, but I loved it.



Part of our hike. I kept singing "George, George, George of the jungle..." There were even hanging vines we could have swung from.




Here is Mike enjoying the jungle.




Here I am crossing a creek during the hike.



I loved these old, old trees. You can't really tell from the picture how huge they are.



1 comment:

TJ and Jessica said...

It looks SO pretty there! I'm so glad you guys had such a good time! Next time I'm hiding in your suitcase :)