Saturday, March 13, 2010

Las Vegas for Spring Break

Mike, Joey, my parents, and I went to Las Vegas for Spring Break. Here are some pictures of the fun.

Mike and Joey on the shuttle to the strip. Look closely at Joey's fingers. He thinks he's so funny.


These are some fairly new buildings on the strip that look like they're falling down. Inside is the City Center mall, which was funny to us because every store was a designer store, you know, the kind of place where it costs $800 for a purse. I did look in one beautiful store where the clerk tried to sell me a $900 skirt. I was really tempted, but decided to pass.


Mom and I went the The Phantom of the Opera. I LOVE IT!!!!!!! I took this picture of the chandelier before the show started. When the show starts, the pieces of the chandelier move around the room and then finally join together in the middle of the ceiling. This is the only picture I got because after I snapped it, I was tapped on the shoulder by an usher and told picture-taking was not allowed.


Here is Joey in the pool at our resort. I thought it was too cold to swim but he had fun.


This is the roller coaster at New York New York. Me and my boys rode it. It was expensive but darn well worth it.


Mike and Joey always find the shooting games. Here they are at Circus Circus.


I always find the roller coasters. Joey and I rode this one in Circus Circus.



Joey, Mom and Dad walking around Ceasar's Palace.


At the aquarium at Ceasar's Palace. Joey and this fish liked each other.


Joey and I at the aquarium.


Mom and Dad were a little worn out from all the walking. Escalators gave a moment's rest.


Joey on the strip.


We went to Hoover Dam. It was amazing and scary. This is the view on the lower side of the dam.


Mike on top of the dam.


This new bridge is being built over the canyon by Hoover Dam. It is huge.


I was worried about the claustrophobia warning when we were considering touring the inside of the dam. I was a little relieved when we discovered that it cost $30 per person to tour and the group decided to pass.


Here is Joey on top of the dam. His right side is in Nevada and his left side is in Arizona.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Looks like a fun trip! I love all the pictures and stuff about Joey - he is such a fun little guy! Love you all. :)

Mindy Hawks said...

I would have been freaked out about the claustophobia thing too! Oh and I think that picture is cute where Grandma and Grandpa are holding hands. :)

TJ and Jessica said...

I love that picture too Min! That's so cute that after all those years they still love each other :) Everything looks fun, I wish I could have joined you! Those were some dam good pictures, I hope you had a dam good time. But it looks pretty dam scary, haha! Okay I'm done with that joke :)

Angela said...

Looks like you had a great time! I want to go see the Phantom of the Opera again in Vegas. It is AMAZING!!! I was so excited when the chadileir started moving together that I almost started crying! haha I'm such a nerd! It was awesome though!!!!!