Monday, July 27, 2009

San Antonio (Chapter Two)

It has been a long time since I updated my blog. I discovered Facebook and have neglected my blog ever since, but I do still like blogging and I'm still lurking around out here.

We got to go back to San Antonio this week, since we had free lodging and we still had our raincheck tickets for SeaWorld. When we went in March, we froze and when we went this time, we roasted. It was VERY hot and humid, but we had fun anyway. Here we are at SeaWorld waiting for the Shamoo Killer Whale show to start.
The pictures are mixed up, like I usually do on my blog, but anyway, here is the Riverwalk side of our condo. Ours is the first rounded balcony.
Back at SeaWorld. I was so moved by the killer whales that I nearly cried. Silly, I know. I don't know why they affected me that way. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that these majestic beasts weigh between 8000 and 12,000 pounds and they follow their trainers around and obey them like puppies. They are gorgeous and very thrilling.
The view out our balcony. San Antonio's famous Riverwalk is right below and the Hard Rock Cafe is right across the river.

Joey eating at a restaurant on the Riverwalk.
Joey and Mike played video games at the Buckhorn Saloon. They're still arguing over who actually won.
This is a house in the German historical district of San Antonio. Those early Germans sure knew how to build! Their houses were beautiful!
This is the laundry room of the gorgeous house pictured above. It was in a small separate building. I took a picture of it so when I start complaining about laundry, I can look at this and be grateful for my Whirlpool washer and dryer.

5 comments:

TJ and Jessica said...

Looks like fun! I wish I could have gone with you guys. Sea World looks so fun! Glad you made it home safely

Chad, Mindy and girls said...

Wow, that house is beautiful!! I can't imagine living in a house like that! Looks like a fun trip!

Angela said...

I'm glad you guys had a fun time! Can't wait to see you next week!

Hoaldridge Family said...

Hi Mike and Kathy! This is Nicole, Dave and Mary Smith's daughter. I was looking at a blog and saw "Mike and Kathy" on their blog list and thought maybe it was you. I was so surprised when I clicked on it and it was! I can't believe your daughters are all grown up and married! They are absolutely beautiful. I have a blog if you want to check it out...(blog.hoaldridge.com). My sister has one too. I have her on my blog list. I don't know if you do facebook but I just talked my parents into getting one. I live in Dallas so it's really nice to have them on there. I still have to walk them through it but it's been fun. Congratulations on such a beautiful family!
Nicole Hoaldridge

Kathy&Mike said...

Wow! So nice to hear from you, Nicole. I will definitely check out your blog. We have so many fond memories of your family and we do still see your parents every once in a while.