Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Our house is always a work in progress!



So now we are working on the house again. We are replacing the kitchen floor with tile. It's going to be so pretty! We are also going to get new carpet downstairs, which means I want to re-paint the walls, too. One project always leads to another! I'm hoping to have it all done by Thanksgiving.
This is what the floor looked like for a day or so. Lovely. It always looks worse before it looks better.

In the center picture you can see the old linoleum from the 1930s. It was underneath the new floor that was done in 1983 and then the one that was done in 1998.

Okay, I can't figure out how to move the pictures to where I want them, but in the top picture (which I want at the bottom!) you can see the new tile going in. Quite a difference!

Someone please comment and tell me how to move pictures around when I'm posting.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Looking good! Make sure you put up pictures when it's all done! I'm excited to see it next time we visit! :) Rachel needs to see her granny again sometime soon!

With the pictures, you can just click and drag them (but the box won't scroll up or down, so you have to do it one at a time), but this is what I always do with my pictures:
1 - I put the pictures in first, because otherwise the text always ends up on the bottom.
2 - I count up how many pics I have to put in, and make sure that if I have more than 5 (the max you can upload at once), I upload the last set first (because Blogger always puts the most recently uploaded ones at the top). So if I have 4 pictures to upload, I'll hit "Add another image" 3 times before I hit "Browse" to go get the pictures, so there are 4 spaces for pictures, and then upload all 4 at once.
3 - After all the pictures are up, I'll add the text at the top and wherever around the pics I want.

Sorry for the novel...and I hope that makes at least some sense. :)

Angela said...

It's looking better already! It's going to be so pretty when it's all done.

TJ and Jessica said...

Woah, that's crazy! I want to come see it when it's all done! It'll be way pretty.