Tuesday, September 30, 2008

House Work Continues...and Rachel visits!

The kitchen floor is done and looks beautiful. Now this year's episode of This Old House continues. Mike and Joey tore all the old wallpaper off in the dining room to get it ready to paint. Underneath the wallpaper was a stenciled border that I'm guessing was done in the nineteen-teens.

On the west wall there is also a window that's been cemented over. On the other side of the wall is the bathroom, so I'm guessing the window was there before someone added indoor plumbing.











RACHEL CAME TO VISIT (with Mike & Mary, of course!) We had such a fun weekend with them, as we always do. The are such great people. I truly feel that we have just extended our family more to add the three of them. People keeps asking me things like, "Did Mindy get to see her baby?" and, "Do you ever hear how she's doing?" This adoption is very open and we LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!!!











Mindy's boyfriend, Jake, met Rachel for the first time. Aren't they cute? She sure looked tiny in his arms!

3 comments:

TJ and Jessica said...

Post pics of the new carpet and tile. I want to see. Wish we could have been there to see Rachel :(

Scottkids said...

I miss that home of mine! LOTS AND LOTS of memories there!

Anonymous said...

That house has really been through a lot! Definitely not the way I remember from when I was little and we'd go see "Grandma Mary" and have dinner there and stuff... I miss it. Also, Fruita must be a great place for those nasty cat-faces because I saw a HUGE one once. Why does Mindy's boyfriend look familiar to me? love ya - all of ya!! Jenny