Monday, February 13, 2012

Some of the things that grow here.

 I've said it before, but I love all the things that grow here.  Most grow wild and grow everywhere.  My favorite are these trees with the red flowers.  They are so beautiful, I'm going to do a post only on them at some time in the future.  I think they are called African tulip trees, from my google research.


The yellow hibiscus is Hawaii's state flower and they also grow everywhere, as evidenced by this one growing in a parking lot.


Most of the beautiful flowers and plants here I cannot identify.  This looks like a Hawaiian orchid to me, but I'm not sure.


These are plumeria, which have the most intoxicating fragrance.



I cannot identify this, but I love it.



This little ground cover grows all over the place and some people don't plant grass; they just mow the natural ground cover to create their lawn.



 A big plumeria tree.


These are papayas growing.  I love how they grow from the stem.



Don't know what this is, but I like it.



Don't know what this is, but I like it.



I LOVE the palm trees!!!!!!!



Mike and I "putting out the vibe."



This is Hawaiian ginger.  There are several different colors of this that grow here.



Kids grow well here too.  See how big Joey has gotten?



LOVE the Bird of Paradise!



Mike of the jungle.



6 comments:

christy said...

Wow!! Such beauty! What an amazing world we live in!

Chad, Mindy and girls said...

The flowers are absolutely beautiful!! (and you and Mike putting out the vibe is too!) :0)

TJ and Jessica said...

Joey really is getting so big! That picture of him is really pretty! It's crazy how green and beautiful it looks there. I wish we were able to visit you while you guys were there. We'll just have to plan a trip there together in about 5 years :)

Mindy Hawks said...

After going over there I decided plumeria is one of my very favorite flowers! It is so beautiful!

Chad, Mindy and girls said...

Hi Kathy! I heard the Greens are coming to visit before you move back...I wanna come! That will be so fun :) To answer your question, of course Chad will come look at your kitchen! He still does tile/granite as well as general contracting. Give us a call when you're ready. Hard to believe you're already coming back...time flies!

Angela said...

Beautiful!! I'm convinced Kauai is one of if not the most beautiful place on earth!